Sunday, April 21, 2013



The Great Adventure  - Month 8




We have been on the road 8 months!  Some said it wouldn't last:)  We are here to say we love this lifestyle and are not ready to give it up any time soon:)   We have learned so much,  some trial and error.  Many good times  and lots of stories to tell.  We are so thankful we have the freedom to go when and where we want.  

We  are now back in Tucson at Lazy Days campground again.  We arrived April 1st at 5 P.M. and found our site.  Bob unhooked our tow car and I headed to the hospital.  My Mom was in surgery with 99% blockage in her coratid artery.  My brother was at my parents apartment in assisted living with my father, who  could not be left alone.    The past three weeks have been anything but "Lazy".
  The good news: My  Mom is improving daily, and is back home in her apartment.
  The bad news: My Dad is slipping further into severe dementia from Alzheimers.  

We have spent countless hours researching   "Memory Care" facilities trying to find a new home for my   Dad.  This has been an emotional rollacoaster for all of us.  Unfortunately he needs more care than my Mom and the Assisted Living Community they are living in, can handle.   We received a "Divine Appointment"  by way of finding a wonderful place for my Dad to move to.  The balance of our time here in Tucson will be helping my parents with the transition of the move.  

This will probably be my last post for a few weeks.  We will catch up when we are back on the road.











No comments:

Post a Comment